Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Study study study," I said and yawned. "No time for sleep."
I went through my playlist and turned on the cycle playlist as I researched the answers for the exam online. I studied until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

"ATP is chemical energy," I mumbled. I opened my eyes and giggled. I studied in my dreams. I yawned and stretched. I slid out of bed and headed into the kitchen to power up the laptop and make a pot of coffee. Two hours before I get my chance to team teach for fifteen minutes. I wanted to be prepared so I wrote out cues on index cards as I listened to the tempo of the music.
My son walked into the kitchen rubbing his sleepy eyes and leaned against me. I wrapped my arm around him and stood up, continuing to cue aloud and made him breakfast. He was silent the entire time. After a good hour of practicing the four songs, I felt confident that my teaching would be successful.

After school, my son wanted to ride his bike without training wheels. I watched him gain confidence as he pedaled faster, balancing himself. I was so proud and began to relax. I grabbed my study guide and as I began to read, I heard my son shout out "and hover!"
I looked up at him and laughed as he continued to say it in almost perfect count.

No comments:

Post a Comment