Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ice Cream... A Relationship Killer

I never would have thought that ice cream could change a relationship between two people who were deeply in love. But it happened.

One day not that long ago, David and Kara stopped by the ice cream parlor after dinner. She ordered a twist cone and he couldn't be without a M&M mix. Oh how they loved their ice cream. This was their date night ritual.

Both were full from dinner this night and decided to put the remainder of their ice cream in the freezer. The following day, work called him out of town. It was a two day trip. They stood outside the company truck holding tight to one another, engaging in a deep passionate kiss. They were in love and almost inseparable. Two days seemed an eternity to both of them.

Feeling slightly depressed with the love of her life gone, she ate the rest of her twist cone. She smiled when she saw his M&M mix cup and picked it up to see how much he had eaten. Only four good size bites left. She shrug her shoulders and devoured it.

Two days later, he arrived home and they held each other tight kissing and laughing. She led him into the house and fed him a feast fit for a king.
"That was delicious, I barely have room for ice cream."
She smiled and said, "Umm...baby, when you were away at work, I finished our ice cream in the freezer. We could-"
"What! You ate my ice cream?"
She nodded. "I-"
"Why? Why would you eat my ice cream?"
"But I-"
"No. Forget it. I'm going to bed."
"What? You just got home."
"I'm tired." He turned and went into the bedroom.
"Ooh," she said with steam coming out of her ears. She stomped toward the bedroom and turned the knob. The door didn't open. It was locked. She pounded on the door. "David! Open this door!"
"No," he said.
"David open this door right now or I'm gone."
Silence.
"Ooh," she said stomping towards the living room. She grabbed her coat and the keys to his truck. She jumped in the driver's seat and revved up the engine.
He flew out of the house the moment he heard the truck roar to life. "What are you doing?"
"I'm outta here," she shouted and threw the truck in reverse. "I'm gone baby. I'm long gone."
He stood in the driveway holding the tiny box that held the ring inside, wondering if she was serious. Could she really be gone? Or was she just chilling out at her sister's house?
He sat down on the porch with his head between his knees unsure of what he should do now. Maybe let her cool off and apologize? Maybe he should call her. He sighed and sat up. He looked out towards the street and put his hands on his knees. Just as he pushed himself up, he heard the truck coming back down the street. He watched as the truck pulled into the driveway. A smile crossed his face and his heart warmed when she opened the door. In her hand was a cup of M&M mix ice cream.
"Here you big baby. I was trying to tell you that we could go out for ice cream and I would pay." She held it out for him with a distressed look on her face.
"I'm sorry, Kara. I was just teasing."
She forced a smile. "Apology excepted. Now I know I will never ever touch your ice cream again."
She headed towards the door and he grabbed her arm. She turned to him, astonished. He knelt down on one knee. "Will you-"
"No." She said and shook his hand off her arm. She walked into the house and shut the door.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment