Monday, March 28, 2011

Cold Night Camp

The greatest thing about camping in cold weather is when you have someone to snuggle up next to. I am not one for cold temperatures but sometimes it's fun to put yourself to the test. To see just how well you can handle something that you are not prepared for.

So this weekend, I gave it a try. I spent one very chilling night braving the cold. My chattering teeth stopped when I snuggled next to my beloved. Wrapped in his arms, I felt a warmth surround us. My puppy curled himself up at our feet. I fell asleep easily in our warmth. I tried to prepare myself to "rough it" an entire 24 hours.

To my surprise, I slept longer than I had in a very long time (10 hours). I made it through the night wrapped up tight. Between the puppy keeping my legs warm and my beloved keeping the rest of me warm, I now knew camping for a week in temperatures above 45 degrees was something I could handle.

As long as they had a bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment