Wednesday, January 5, 2011

4 A.M. Wakeup Call

It's four a.m. and I wake to the light creaking of the floor. I smile as my heart warms knowing my honey is sneaking upstairs to cuddle with me for a few hours while his daughter is sleeping downstairs on the air mattress. Then I hear water running and he is speaking to his daughter. I sigh and close my eyes. There will be no snuggling this morning.
My eyes pop open when he peeks his head in the doorway. "I need to grab a towel, she just puked all over the place."
I tell him where the towels are and groan a little as I climb out of bed. I don't want to see but I know I should help out. I head down the stairs but the smell is too much. I clamp my hands over my mouth and rush back upstairs into the bathroom near my room. I start to heave and think "Oh no... I'm going to lose it!" I close my eyes and take deep breaths putting my mind in a happier place.
I splash water on my face and look in the mirror. "Get a grip, Lyana. You can do this. Just put your mind somewhere else."
Now confident that I can help out, I walk down the stairs and begin stripping the sheets off the mattress. He is right behind me and I can see his disgust as well. I laugh.
"What a wake up call," he says with a chuckle.
"Yeah, not quite the wake up call I was hoping for," I said with a wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment