Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Changing of Season

I pour a cup of coffee and walk out onto the back patio and sit on the bench. I can smell rain in the air and I smile. It's the smell of the changing season, the smell of spring. I long for beautiful misty mornings and thunderstorms. I'm ready to see the trees turn green and flowers start to bloom. There's nothing more beautiful than mother nature at her best. How wonderful that a simple seed blossomed into a beautiful yellow tulip or carnation pink peony. The interesting way a tree starts to grow leaves after being dull all throughout winter.

What I love best is the smiles and laughter that feels the air when children can run freely in the backyard after being stuck inside the house during the long cold winter. I too get cabin fever and am ready to spend as much time as I can playing hide and seek or tag with my child. I am ready for winter to end and spring season to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment