Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Child Of God

Over the last three weeks I have been troubled by events surrounding me. Unable to find solutions to the questions that plagued my mind for the last four months, I finally turned to God. For three weeks I went to morning mass asking questions to the Lord, asking for forgiveness for my sins. My guilt had buried me in a sea of mess. I prayed that I would find strength and reason for my overwhelming guilt.

This morning, it hit me while praying the rosary before mass. My reasons of guilt had been answered and I was gaining strength to face my situation by the minute. I feel certain that the Lord had been trying to tell me. But in my guilt I couldn't hear him.

I am thankful for so much in my life and I understand that living in the past will not help the foundation I'm building to strengthen. That through prayer and our Lord's love, I can continue on the path he has chosen for me.
I am a child of God and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment