Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Morning Visitor?

Oh my... will I ever get to sleep in again! We taught him many commands as of late and recently to "speak." I wanted him to bark when the doorbell rang or if someone knocked on the door. I also wanted him to let me know when he needed/wanted to go outside to do his business.
Yesterday morning I couldn't quite pull myself out of bed. Just too lazy though I was wide awake. Under the blankets is so warm and comfortable and with no lights I can rest.
I heard a knock at the door. I looked at the clock. 7 am. Who would be knocking on my door at seven in the morning? I jumped out of bed and walked into the living room, peeking through the window first. Nobody. I shook it off and started to walk back into my room when Texas, my pup, began to speak. I sighed and turned around to let him out of his kennel. His tail began thumping against the wall of his kennel. It was he who knocked!

This morning he began this wake up call at six fifteen. I didn't get up right away hoping he would go back to sleep. Then he began to whine and speak loudly. I jumped up because I didn't want him waking up my boy.

I'm beginning to think this Valentine's present of mine is training me!

No comments:

Post a Comment