Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day Number 3

Day three on the captain's log. It is o' niner fifty-three and all is calm. The puppy is playing quietly with his chew toy close to fading into nap time and the child is playing trains quietly in his room. I ask myself, how did I get so lucky this morning when the last two days have been exhausting? I wonder do they see the stress marks on my forehead? The way I rub my temples constantly? Or do they finally need time to themselves?

I am relaxed and ready to pick up my book and get through another chapter. I...
Oh no! What has happened to the quiet I just settled into? The boy has come into the rooom asking me question after question and turned on that annoying hamster that sings "Everybody was Kung Fu fighting. The puppy is whining for attention!

I had three minutes of silence and now I must sign off.

This is you captain signing off, saying "HELP ME!"

Hahaha! Just a little humor to add to the morning mix. Out of the three days we have been out of school this one is by far the easiest... so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment