Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Have you ever text somebody a question just to see how they would answer you? When you get the answer you think, "Oh heck, why did I ask that?" because it led into a two hour phone call. There was obviously a hidden agenda for your question to begin with, right?
Why do we always beat around the bush instead of just ask directly?
With me, it's a matter of protecting my heart. I always put up barriers and push away the ones I love. Why? because it's safe. My fear of getting hurt again is overwhelming. I try desperately to overcome this fear, but it's been a long process.

I am positive that one day I will be able to look back on this and roll my eyes as I laugh. And honestly, I hope that day comes soon. I understand guarding my heart will make it less painful, but think of all the love and joy that I will miss out on because I wouldn't take the risk.

I keep these words close to me, Dance, Live, Laugh, Love... dance as if there is no one watching. live as if there is no tomorrow. love as you have never loved before. laugh every moment of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment