Friday, February 11, 2011

Snowball Fun

Oh my goodness! What fun it is to play in the fluffy white snow! My son and I are bundled up warm as can be. The puppy is extremely excited too! We join my boyfriend, who has kindly shoveled the snow off the patio, outside for a little snowball fun. The snow is as high as my puppy's belly and he is still able to run through it.
My son and I began packing snow for a snowball fight. My belief... that we would attack the boyfriend. I was mistaken. My precious angelic boy throws a snowball directly at my face as I am packing a snowball. The good news, he is only five and doesn't know how to pack a good one yet. I laugh and throw one at his back. It bursts into fluff as it hits his back. By then the boyfriend is on full attack. He is running straight for me with a devilish smile. I am running backwards laughing and throw one at him. My feet come out from under me and I land on my back in the snow, just as my son takes a dive into the snow landing face first. When he stands he is crying from the cold snow that covers him completely including his face. We had been out here for more than thirty minutes throwing the snowballs and laughing uncontrollably. I know that it's time to go in and make him a warm bath. It's dinner time anyway and the sun will be fading soon.

What a fabulous snow we have had the pleasure of having. Though it is bitter cold (to me) it is worth the fun we have in it. Task for tomorrow is build a snowman!

No comments:

Post a Comment