Monday, February 7, 2011

A Gas Experience

Oh my goodness is all I can say to an embarrassing experience. I recently changed vitamins with the hopes of gaining more energy. However, sometimes that's not such a wise thing.

I used to take my vitamins in the morning but I had heard that taking them at night is better for digestion. I began taking them with a glass of milk while making dinner. This I had been doing for two weeks. And for two weeks I have been mystified by an unpleasant visitor, gas. To make matters worse, my boyfriend would come over and enjoy dinner with my son and I. It seems the moment he walked in the door my stomach began to churn. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I never had issues with gas and I began to wonder if it was my boyfriend causing it.

I had made dinner, making sure there weren't any vegetables or dairy products to upset my stomach, because living off Maalox isn't fun at all. As soon as dinner ended, I send them off to play the Wii while I clean up the kitchen. My stomach starts to churn as I clear the table. "Oh man, not again!" I rush to the bathroom hoping it would pass. Praying it would pass. I take another Maalox just to be on the safe side.
I can hear them down in the basement laughing and I felt like I needed to let out some relief. I hear footfalls on the stairs, praying it's my son as the sound of a fog horn rips long and loud. My face is burning hot as I turn slowly towards the staircase. A sigh of relief when I see my son standing on the top step. He starts to laugh and looks down the stairs. I try to divert his attention but it is no use. He shouts out, "Mommy just farted!"
Then I heard my boyfriend say, "So I heard."
I look down the stairway and see him, half smiling, half laughing, halfway up the stairs and my face burned with humiliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment