Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Break For The Holidays

How do you know when teasing has gone too far?

I am guilty of teasing to a point that could make one wonder if I am teasing or not. Just recently I met my boyfriend's family. I noticed his ornery mood and I too felt a little ornery. I teased saying that I should put him on hold for the holidays and he laughed. He said okay on the 24th of December and I said oh no. If you're putting me on hold, do it on the 23rd. Don't ruin my Christmas. We teased back and forth and I knew we were joking. But were we?
As I teased back my mind began to wonder a little more deeply. Maybe he did need a break from me. I became slightly defensive. I tried not to show it, but if one had paid attention they would have known. My final comment was, well you can put me on hold however when you come back after the first of the year, I will already be snatched up by another. I began to realize that it had gone too far for me and I stopped. I didn't want to say anything more that could lead us into a major discussion.
Later that day when it was just the two of us walking towards the house, I slid my arm around his waist and said that maybe we shouldn't tease about taking a break for the holidays. He gave me a little squeeze and said okay. I looked up at his dashing smile and noticed the way the light hit his eyes. I felt like putty at that moment. He bent down slightly and we kissed.
We haven't teased anymore about putting each other on hold for the holidays. Instead, we talk about how much we love each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment