Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why is it so hard to deal with an "ex" spouse? Why do they constantly want to make you feel guilty because you just couldn't be happy together?

These are the questions that are plaguing my mind lately. I can tell you the issues that led to this lack of communication. My "ex" found out I had a boyfriend and I bought a house. I would say he's upset because I have learned happiness and it didn't include him. The worst part, there is a child in the middle who is getting hurt. He doesn't understand what's going on because I don't tell him. I simply just keep showing him love and continue teaching him the things he needs to know to better his future.

On occasion in the past, he would come home and tell me things that daddy said about mommy. One that cut to the bone was when he said, "Daddy says you tore up the family." Why would you tell your child that? I don't understand. How do I answer it? it's simple. I said Bubby, are you happy? he said yes. I said I'm happy too. Think how lucky you are that you get to play with mommy for a few days and then you get to go play with daddy... he smiled. Then he turned serious again and said Mommy I know you didn't tear up the family. He gave me a hug, said his prayers and went to sleep.

Every time I sit down to write anything that relates to my "ex" I hear his voice in the back of my head saying, "You did this. This is all your fault. Why would you destroy a family?"

The hardest thing for me is trying to hold it all together for the sake of a beautiful child. I don't want him to see any of this and I never meant to destroy anything. But how can you stay if you can't be happy? My son would see that. I'd rather him see happiness. Did I do this all on my own? Did I not try to communicate? I could beat myself up over this all day long, but then I would be miserable. And this wonderful child doesn't need to see me upset. I keep my focus on everything great in my life and I pray for my "ex" to find peace and to be happy for the sake of his child.

No comments:

Post a Comment