Monday, December 20, 2010

Counting Down With Stress

A countdown to Christmas is a maddening adrenaline rush for most of us who try to cram everything in at the last minute.

Stress sets in as we realize there are only 4 shopping days left before Christmas. Yet, we still have to work and find someone to watch the kiddos while we rush to get those last few presents under the tree. Don't forget about the families that are expecting us to arrive on time with all that we so eagerly promised them we would do. Those promises included watching children, shopping, wrapping presents, baking, cooking, cleaning, planning out dinner and last but not least, sit and relax with the glass of eggnog we promised to bring.

Whew! I stare at the cookie ingredients I promised to make for the students in my child's class. All I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch a classic movie, "White Christmas" while sipping apple cider. But I made a promise to my son. I have no intention of letting him down. I pick up the recipe and begin measuring the ingredients. It doesn't matter that it is close to midnight. Tomorrow morning is when they are needed and I spent the entire evening organizing the rest of the week to come.

All in all, I guess it would be safe to say that next year I will do my best not to obligate myself into so many projects. However, it is a year away and I'm sure I said this last year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment