Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Decorating Christmas Style

With the holidays sneaking around the corner I am getting out the Christmas lights and all the fun decorations I have collected over the years.

My son and I have a traditional way of decorating. I start a fire, make hot cocoa, turn on the Christmas music and we sing the carols as we decorate the tree. I started something new this year by adding a real tree in front of the window that faces the street along with a lighted drive and lights on the outside of my house.

After we are finished decorating the tree, it's time for pictures by the tree and then Christmas movie favorites. Frosty the Snowman and How the Grinch Stole Christmas are the two we watch together. Last year I introduced him to my favorite, White Christmas. I was surprised when he curled up in my lap and watched it with me.

This is one of my favorite times with my son. It gives us that extra bit of quality time we need with each other. I will admit that we decorate our own trees, but I do let him help with mine. I just move my ornaments back where I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment