Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas With A Smile

The joys of Christmas start with a trip out of town to celebrate with (hopefully) my future family. When we arrive, I, along with Trenton, am excited. The first thing I do is give my boyfriend's brother a hug and tell him Merry Christmas. Trenton on the other hand breaks out the new remote control yellow Camaro, who he named Bumblebee, (a gift from my wonderful boyfriend) and races it towards the house.
Once inside I see the little girl who stole my heart months ago and squeeze her tight. Then there's mom and dad and the two older girls along with his brother's wife and we can't leave out his puppy, Tiny.

After settling in, the kiddos are antsy and ready to open gifts. We head into the dining room and begin the adventure of opening up the gifts. I loved every gift I received, though I was under the impression we weren't exchanging gifts. At least I will be prepared next year!

We cleaned up and prepared for dinner. We laughed and shared stories and watched as the children scattered to play with their toys. The boys gathered the dishes and helped their mother clean up. I watched, wanting to help but there wasn't enough room for all of us to join in. Next year I will find my spot somewhere in that kitchen and make sure to help out.

Having wonderful conversations made time fly by way too fast and next I knew it was time to say goodbye. Though I enjoy curling up on the couch in the love of my life's arms, it was hard to see his girls walk out the door.

The night ended with me wrapped tight in his arms watching a great movie until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. The last thing he said to me was also the first thing he said to me that morning. "I love you forever."
I told him that I will always love him.
Could Christmas really get any better than that? Hmm... I don't think so.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You deserve all of this happiness! It fills my heart with joy and eyes with joyous tears to finally see you getting what you deserve! HAPPINESS!!!!! :~)

    ReplyDelete