Friday, December 3, 2010

Video Game Corruption

I told myself over the years that after spending so many hours on the nintendo as a teenager, that my children would never get anything so ridiculous. Key word, NEVER.

Two years ago, I bought a Wii. My intentions were good. I thought that I would only play it when my son wasn't around and that the sports package was the only game I planned on getting because it was interactive rather than just sitting down pressing the A and B buttons. With the Wii you stood and tried to play physically. Then I introduced it to my son because it was great for the motor skills. But we only played the Wii when we were stuck inside on a cold or rainy day. I still felt very strongly that this was not a good choice for a daily basis. Kids need fresh air and a chance to run around, acting silly. When they are inside they risk breaking something where outside is freedom.

My plan had been working great until I introduced my boyfriend to Guitar Hero World Tour. He was hooked instantly. I on the other hand was bored of this one and wanted to go look for another Guitar Hero. We went to Game Stop and found the world of video games right in front of us. I did buy another Guitar Hero, but he bought Star Wars and Transformers.

Within a month, we now have a collection of games between us. Every time he comes over, we head for the Wii and guess who is playing Transformers next to my boyfriend? Yes you guessed it. My five year old son.

Moral of the story... Never say Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment