Sunday, April 11, 2010

The decision to "Grow Up"

I have made the wisest decision in my life today. It's time to "grow up". I feel that I have finally filled that emptiness and hurtfulness. I have replaced it with great memories and made many friends that I will keep in my life forever. My life is almost complete. The only thing left for me to do, is be responsible in my single life. I no longer feel the need to live it up and frankly I'm kinda getting bored with the bar life. Don't get me wrong, I still want to dance the night away. But when I go out dancing, I'm tired of feeling molested. I don't want a guy to just walk up behind me and start grinding. That's not appealing. Maybe that's why I hit the country bars lately. Two stepping leaves little time for unwanted advances with it's faster pace. Now, I'm not going to lie, I did have a guy show me it can be done and he lost me before the song ended.
I'm ready for the one guy who can sweep me off my feet, but I'm not looking for him anymore. Fate holds my card and I'm in no hurry.

I also look into my son's eyes and I can see that my single life started to blend into my family life. I don't like that. I haven't given him the attention he deserves in the last two months. But that is all changing.

It's time to organize and prioritize once again and become the woman/mother I have always been. After all I just bought a house and my son's getting ready to go to Kindergarten, while I am finishing my course in writing. It's time to make the dream come true.

Even though I'm growing up, I will still be the same exciting person. I'll just be more responsible with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment