Friday, April 9, 2010

A House That's Mine

I tap my pencil against the notepad as I listen to the lecture and glance at my cellphone. Still another forty minutes before class would end. I sigh and try to concentrate on the professor. My phone lights up and I smile. I received a text from my real estate agent and she says, do we have a deal? She gives me the details and I say "Yes" She texts back letting me know they will rewrite the contract and sign it tomorrow. I am shocked. I turn to my neighbor and tell him, I just bought a house. He says congrats and then we return our attention back to the professor, just in time to hear something very important about the upcoming assignment.

Class ends and I walk towards the door feeling a warming within me. I discuss the assignment with my partner in crime and we talk about the new house. I will live just down the street from him in two months. We say goodbye and I jump in my car. I crank up the volume to my stereo, when all of a sudden it hits me. I just bought a house!

I text my agent and my closest friends letting them know and then I scream. I laugh I cry and I laugh some more. I am giddy. I cannot believe that all my hard work over this last year has paid off. I finally have my independence that I have been working for. I am still happily crying because I didn't believe that I would make it this far. Yet I have. I have done this on my own. All those years of being told that I couldn't survive on my own, just proved opposite.

It's not a huge house, but it will be a house of memories. It will be a house that is mine and I will make it mine. I don't need a huge house to be happy, I just need a house to make a happy family. Love comes in small doses and then grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment