Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Clumsy Moment

After having a fabulous four days, I knew my luck had to run out sooner rather than later.

I woke up and realized it was after seven thirty and I think that threw the whole day off. I ran the normal morning errands and then headed to the gym for my morning fix in cycle circuit. I felt sluggish and groaned over the sore muscles from Pilate's the day before. I couldn't seem to find that spunk I usually had, but I pressed on.
Finally, we went into the gym to do the cardio and strength training, something that is enjoyable after fifteen minutes of cycle. With fifteen people in the class, the instructor asked us to pair up and then gave the instruction. Half worked biceps while the other half did lunges across the gym and back. I wanted to head back upstairs almost immediately, however, I pushed through and then we received our second set of instructions. Triceps for half and then shuffle across the gym. Not once or twice, but four times. I had amazing speed and looked at my partner smiling, thinking I'm almost there. Then it happened.
My foot stopped as if it were glued down, and my other foot traveled over it and tripped me. It happened in slow motion and I thought about my sore wrist and refused to catch myself, tumbling down to the hard basketball court floor and felt a rich shudder travel through my entire body. The pain shot up my quadricep down to my ankle and then my shoulder hit down hard next. The gasps from my fellow classmates sent me roaring with laughter and I laid there unable to pull myself up. How embarrassing that I still had forty minutes of class left.

No comments:

Post a Comment