Friday, April 16, 2010

Soulless

As the day fades into night, I am alone. I clutch tight to my pillow and bury myself under the blankets. I'm afraid to close my eyes. Yet terrified to leave them open. When the darkness falls the evil surrounds me and I can't hear myself think. I turn on the music but I cannot block their voices. They want from me what I refuse to give. They want my soul. I want to escape but I find no shelter. They will follow me where ever I go. I am tired of running but determined not to give in. I seek the lord in prayer but I fear it is too late. I waited too long. I am getting weaker or they are getting stronger this I cannot tell. I seek a savior before I sink into the bottomless pit that is getting closer to me every second. My eyes are heavy and it's been weeks since I slept. I know when I close my eyes I will be no more.

I concentrate on the day, though it is no better. A life full of misery in this lonely exile. No one to turn to and no one who cares. Maybe I should let them take my soul. I'm tired so tired, my view is shrinking. Would anyone hear me if I shout out into the night? I don't think so. I can't bear the weight of my eyes anymore. I have nothing left worth fighting for. I need to sleep. I have to sleep. My courage is gone along with my strength. All I can see is darkness and I'm fading. I'm weightless and no longer feel anything. I am at peace in this eternal sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment