Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Mini Bucket List

Have you ever really thought about a bucket list? Me neither. Last thing I want to think about is dying. Well, I had been asked once what was on my bucket list and I drew a major blank. Since then, it has crossed my mind a few times that maybe I should make one. But, the one I've decided to make, is a mini bucket list. The difference between them, this has nothing to do with taking a trip around the world before I die. This is about the little things I had never done that I'd like to accomplish here in the next year or so.
Maybe we all should make a list like that. It's better than a resolution because it's not about making it to the gym, slaving away to shed off pounds. This is about living a little. Something I've grown very fond of this last year.

I encourage you to make a list of five things you'd like to do in the next year. Maybe you've never been on a motorcycle and you just want one ride around the block. Write it down and do it. Maybe it's getting out to the theater or going to a concert. I bravely on a whim ordered tickets to see Lady Antebellum and Tim McGraw. Now there's something to mark off that list.

Making a bucket list doesn't have to be extravagant, it just has to be something you want to accomplish. Making a mini one is easily achieved if you put forth the effort.

Life is about living. I plan to live mine to the fullest and I'm going to place a check mark on all that I accomplish on my mini bucket list this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment