Saturday, April 10, 2010

Evenings on the Bike Path

Every evening when the weather is fabulous, my son and I walk the bike path behind our house. It's one of our favorite things to do. He rides his bike and I jog alongside him. Every once in awhile he would take off screaming with laughter while I chase him, reaching out to touch his arm or graze his back with my fingertips. I'm giddy that spring has returned. Now we can stay outside for hours playing while we bake in the sun and take later evening walks.

This child of mine has a routine on these evening walks. He speeds up leaving distance between us, gets off his bike and picks the wild flowers growing along the curve. He keeps his back to me until I am right behind him and I giggle. He's such a sweetheart. When he realizes I'm right behind him, he turns around with his head down and extends his arm. he looks up as I take the flower and he says to me, "Mommy you are so beautiful."

My heart swells and I scoop him up in my arms and give him a great big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment