Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Distracted

This would be the word of the week for me. I find myself unable to concentrate on writing a short story once again. My focus has taken a dive and I am fighting for it to return. What is distracting me? Everything. From taxes to paperwork to moving to social activities to just wanting to blog. This is a rather interesting turn of events considering when I first began blogging I had no real desire to open up and show you just how opinionated I am. Now, I don't want to turn it off.

I kept quiet in my life for years and I have finally found my voice. I want to be heard even if what I believe is debatable. A little healthy disagreement is good for the soul. It's like an adrenaline rush, but you can only handle so much of it.

As I write fiction, my ideas are vague and lost lately and I know it's all because of this new idea to express myself. I can only hope that I can find my artistic side soon as I have many great ideas still waiting for me to write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment