Friday, April 23, 2010

The Open Door

I am happily flying high in the clouds. A new feeling of anxiousness and nervousness and ready for that moment when I can unlock the door to my heart and peek out ever so carefully. But then it happens. It happens again just like it did before. The slight tug on my heart and I feel for the first time in such a long time. Yet there is always something pulling the door closed. I put my foot in the door, not this time. I refuse to lock myself in misery again. I am ready to find out what lies on the other side of that door.

From the moment it had been cracked open, an overwhelming feeling came over me and I liked it. Yet it's terrifying to push it open, I find myself opening it a little more everyday.

Is it a mistake to leave that door wide open? I no longer think this is a horrific idea. How ever will I find eternal happiness if I don't open it?

No comments:

Post a Comment