Sunday, April 25, 2010

Recurring Nightmare

Again, I am terrified. I wake up holding my hands over my throat, screaming but I am clueless. I remember the angry face in that dream, but I don't understand why this face has come to haunt me. Does this mean something bad is going to happen? I have enjoyed peace and harmony for so long now, I am not prepared for torment.

Why can't I remember this nightmare that holds reign over my dreams? It has come so often, I fear that it will be true. How can I prevent it when the visions have left me sitting here in the dead of night blankly staring into the darkness? I wonder when this nightmare becomes reality, will I have the strength to over power it?

I need to sleep, but my mind is overactive. It is 4:55 a.m. The same as always. I am sure this is significant, but I am lacking proof. I must close my eyes and try to sleep, for I have a busy day ahead of me and I need my rest. Please let this nightmare leave me at least for the day but I hope for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment