Friday, August 5, 2011

Dream A Little Dream

I am sitting in the lounge chair on the back deck of my Victorian style home, letting my fingers dance swiftly over the keys of my laptop, listening to the laughter of the children playing. I look up to see why they are in hysterics. My youngest of two years is running in circles trying to catch the bubbles from the bubble wands. The laughter escaping my precious baby makes me giggle. I can no longer just sit and watch. I close the lid on my laptop, place it on the table and run out to gather the little one in my arms. But he runs away from me laughing. A game of chase begins and when I catch him, I tickle him. My older son and daughter come running over to me and join in the tickling game. I am laughing begging them to stop when my husband rides up to the fence on his mare with a smile that melts my heart as it had the first day we met. I cannot take my eyes off him and he doesn't look away from mine. My smile is as bright as it is wide and my heart is bursting with happiness. I am so in love with him and I know he is just as crazy in love with me. Our daughter begs him to give her a ride through the pasture. How could he say no to his precious little girl? I know it's hard for me to say no. I help her over the fence and he helps her onto the horse and off they go. The boys and I play until they return. It's close to supper time. Time to play in the kitchen while my family enjoys the outdoors. I watch them out the kitchen window from time to time. I am so blessed and I thank the good Lord for all that he has done for my family. I couldn't imagine anything more precious and wonderful than the family the Lord has blessed me with. For this I thank the good Lord everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment