Thursday, August 11, 2011

Out With The Old Car

Recently, I decided that I needed a change in vehicles. My car was a 2003 Mercedes Benz. It had over 100,000 miles on it. Though it was luxury, it wasn't going to last forever and the services it would soon need would hit the checkbook pretty hard. I loved my car, but I couldn't afford it too much longer.
After a long diliberation, I decided to look at the sport utility vehicles. I fell in love with a Chevrolet Equinox until I test drove it. It was the basic model with no bells and whistles and the ride was rough. I would be tired of it in six months. I test drove the Traverse and fell in love. But it was more than my budget would allow me right now.
I no longer wanted the Equinox and I really didn't want a car. But my choices were limited. I tried to talk myself into the Equinox. Telling myself that after a couple of years I could get my Traverse. But who was I kidding? Whatever vehicle I chose, it would be my vehicle for at least five years. I had future plans of marriage and possibly a child. Money would be better spent on my future than a vehicle.
No matter how much I wanted a sport utility vehicle, I knew it was in my best interest to settle with a car. It was a depressing realization at first. I spent hours searching online, looking at body styles and learning about cars and their durability. Searching for the models that were inexpensive to maintain and as close to luxury as possible. No matter what I went with, I knew it wouldn't be as glamorous as my Mercedes. But at least it would be more economical. No longer would I have to use premium gasoline or synthetic oil. If something needed fixed, I had a choice of places I could take it, rather than just the dealership. With these pros, how could I stay driving such an expense?
I test drove several cars and found that none rose to my satisfaction except for the Chevy Impala. But still, it wasn't calling me. Until I saw an imperial blue 2008 model. I test drove it and I found comfort. It was a smoother ride than my Mercedes. Plus it had luxury of it's own and a place to hook up my Ipod, a feature that the 2003 Mercedes did not offer. The 2008 Chevrolet Impala was sportier than the newer models and sharp. The best part was that it only had 21,000 miles and a single owner.
When the test drive was over, I sat down at the cubicle and purchased something newer and something blue and I am proud to own this Chevy!

No comments:

Post a Comment