Friday, August 12, 2011

Just the other day I reached for my journal, opening it up to look at my last entry. It was three months ago that I wrote in it. So much had happened in the three months I didn't write and that saddened me. So many special moments missed. Now I won't be able to look back on them and laugh. I didn't want to stop writing, but I hit a peak time in my life that kept me from enjoying the things I loved most. Even now as I write this blog, I am stretching thin trying to figure out what I should write about. Once I was full of ideas and now I'm passionless. I let the outside world suck me into it's game of trying to keep up with the world. Is that a bad thing? No. I have accomplished lots. But now it's time to find a steady pace and indulge in the one thing that enlivens my soul - writing. I want to feel the passion I once felt and I want to bring it to you. I need to bring it to you, the reader. My vacation has lasted long enough and it's time to get back into the swing of things. How else will I ever get anything published if I simply put it aside?

No comments:

Post a Comment