Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Hectic Schedule

Life has been crazy around here since school began. I have a monthly planner sitting in front of me. It's full of school events and my schedule to teach. It's also full of appointments and birthdays. It's not something I had ever planned on doing, but it's something I must have. I never wanted to be that person who had to look at a planner to figure out my week ahead, let alone each day. But with having three part time jobs, PTA, volunteer work, and normal scheduled events, like the dentist, I can't remember everything! The great news, my time with my son is still available. Luckily, he doesn't see how much running I do in an entire day. For all I know, he thinks I sit at home and play the Wii while he's in school!
Why do I have three part time jobs rather than one full time? That's easy. I want to do so many things in life and I have the time to do them. Plus I love each place of employment. Exercising is a healthy way to motivate me, so why not teach it? Creating gift baskets while listening to my Ipod is relaxing and fun. It can be very challenging getting those bows tied, trust me! And then my final job is working at the elementary school. It's also where I volunteer. My son lights up when I enter his classroom and that makes me happy. I love helping him learn as well as helping the students in his classroom. I love working with children. I love listening to their stories and encouraging them to learn something new. One day I hope to finish getting my Associates Degree and become a substitute teacher and one day possibly having my own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment