Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Special Day

My son and I love to have our special day. This is a day that only he and I can do activities together. Sometimes it's a picnic outside and plastic flutes filled with Sparkling cider. Sometimes it's a pizza with the works from Papa Johns playing Extreme Sports on the Wii. Another time we chose the movie Sandlot and made S'mores.
Whatever we chose for activities, we found this special day to be ours. This special day we have been doing once a week for almost two years.
My precious boy is beginning first grade this year and I want to make sure we don't forget to include our special day with the busy schedules that lay ahead of us. I feel that having a special day with my son is extremely important. A time for us to have fun without the stress of homework (for both of us!) and the day to day routines. Having a special day insures us quality time together. A chance to make memories. A chance for happiness when the world around us is overwhelming. I want my son to realize how much I care about him and how much I love him. With this special day which we call "Mommy and Bubby Day," I feel confident that our bond will continue to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment