Friday, August 26, 2011

People and Guns

Normally I would keep my composure about people owning guns. But once again, I feel an absolute distrust in the use of guns. They are supposed to be used for hunting and protection. But why should we have the need to protect ourselves with a gun? Because in most cases, the person coming to harm you is going to use one.
I have never felt comfortable around them. I have never shot one. I never want to. It was fun to think that one day I may go wild hog hunting. But would I ever do it? Probably not. Guns scare me. People with guns scare me. The moment that someone brings up the topic of guns, I get nervous. It was suggested that I should own one, but honestly what would I do in a time of crisis? If I were to aim the gun at a person that is trying to kill me, would I be able to pull the trigger? I'm not sure. I just hope and pray that day never comes.
My question, is why? Why is it that when tempers fly people say crazy things? They say they want to see you dead or wish you were dead. One day they plan to make sure you're dead. After awhile you begin to dismiss what they are saying because they have said it numerous times. Yet, in the back of your mind you are still concerned. Then one day, they make good on those crazy things they said repeatedly and it's too late for you.
So, why do we feel that guns are a great thing to own when there are people out there buying guns who should never have one?
Life is short enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment