Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Unfinished Projects

With school in session, where do we begin to finish projects that have been waiting since the end of the last school year? I wish I could say there is a simple solution, but there isn't.
When summer begins, My family is ready for activities that are not scheduled. Like swimming and amusement parks. There's cousins to see and play dates with the neighbors or friends from school. How about a picnic or maybe just a day inside watching those favorite cartoons or shows you neglect during the school year. Perhaps the movie theater or bowling alley. Even those wonderful vacations or seeing those distant relatives.
I'm guilty of enjoying the summer. I would rather play in the sun than do something productive. Especially when my family is around. Outdoor barbecues, swimming, bowling, camping and fishing (sadly it was too hot this year!) are just a few of our favorite activities.
Whatever our excuse is for getting behind on projects, it leaves us with an overwhelming sense to get started again. I am blessed with two hours of free time each day whether it is morning or afternoon. It's time to get back in the swing of things and see what I can accomplish in these two hours of silence I have each day. With such a long chore list I should keep busy until next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment