Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Preparing For School

What an exciting day! The day before school begins. The last day to play all day. The last day to be wild and silly with my friends. The day I get to meet the teacher and see my classroom. The day I get to see my school supplies and pack them into my backpack. This is the longest day ever!
Time drags on, I'm too excited. I guess I should get my supplies ready for school. I looked at the list checking off my supplies. I sharpened my number two pencils and put it into my supply box. I packed everything I had into my backpack. It was almost too tight. I could barely zip it. That only took a minute or two.
I guess I could pick out what to wear on my first day. Should I make an impression wearing something nice or should I just wear play clothes and plan to get dirty? Will the other kids make fun of me if I dress nice or silly? My mom insists I should wear something nice. She wants to take pictures on my first day. She picks out my school clothes and hangs them on the back of my bedroom door. A brand new outfit she picked just for school. Too bad I didn't get brand new shoes to go with it.
A restless night lies ahead of me as the thrilling dreams play in my head. I'm terrified yet excited. I have a million questions. Will I know what to do or where to go? Will I like my teacher? Will my teacher like me? Will I make new friends? Will I find my old friends in my classroom again? What is for lunch? When is recess?
Yawn... I'm tired but I cannot sleep. If I sleep the night will go faster and the first day of school will be here. Yawn... I close my eyes tight but questions keep coming. Will I get to go to the library? What about P.E.? Oh I wonder if I have music this year! How do I make my mind quit talking! Maybe I should count until I fall asleep. 1... 2... Yawn... 3... 4... 5...Yawn... 6...ZZzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment