Thursday, August 4, 2011

Losing The Dream

A question arose only two nights ago... Where do I see myself in five years?

I tried to imagine where I would be, but my mind drew a blank. My heart beat heavy in my chest and I felt like I was being smothered. My eyes teared up as I tried to imagine my future. It was a simple question and I had no answer.

For the last two days I asked myself, where do I want to be? What is it that I dream? Did I lose my desire to dream?

No, I haven't lost my desire to dream. I just set all of my dreams aside to tackle the tasks in front of me. Then I gained a challenge and then another. As I set forth to conquer my challenges, I left my dreams fading away into the darkness.

This is not me. I am a dreamer. Life is filled with so many opportunities that now I am looking eyes wide open at my present life. I realize now that the challenges I am facing are part of my dreams. And as I conquer these challenges my dreams are closer to me than ever.

So what are those challenges you ask? I wanted to be a group exercise instructor, a writer, and I want to be a teacher .
This summer I have spent most of my time training to be an instructor. With one week to go and a certification, I will have conquered that challenge. I have been researching colleges and programs that I can take that will lead me to my Bachelor's degree. Beginning first with my Associates Degree of course. Today is the first day in many months that I sat down and wrote anything. I will make a goal to write a daily adventure into the unknown from this day forth. After all writing is my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment