Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Family Time

Imagine squeezing fifteen people into a medium sized two bedroom apartment for a night of family fun. The ladies are in the tiny kitchen preparing the meat for the charcoal grill just outside the front door. The children are playing with balloons in the living room, squealing with delight as they try not to let the balloons touch the ground. Once the balloon falls, You're Out!
It was stuffy and humid inside, but our laughter filled the now claustrophobic room. We entertained ourselves with conversation and television until dinner was ready.
A pile of hamburgers and hot dogs stacked high on the serving platter and the aroma filled my nose. My stomach growled and my mouth watered as I waited patiently for my turn to fill my plate. It seemed an eternity before I tasted that first bite.
After a meal like this we all must play a game of bowling on the Wii until the children are restless and no longer interested in each other.
It's time to retire to our homes and curl into our beds for a nice heavy sleep until morning, dreaming of the happy and fun time we spent hanging out with our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment