Monday, August 22, 2011

A Sweet Ride!

During my time searching for a car to replace the old tired one, I saw a red with white striped Mustang GT for sale. All I ever wanted was to test drive an American Muscle car. Of course I prefer the Chevrolet Camaro, but would I dare test drive it? Oh no! But this Mustang was irresistible. I just had to hear it. The dealership handed me the keys and I giggled with delight. I put the key in the ignition and started this baby up. I drooled instantly as the engine purred. After buckling up I shifted the Mustang into drive and barely pressed on the gas. It knocked me all the way back in my seat and I let up on the gas, giggling. There was more power than I accounted for. I looked back at my son and he was in awe. I laughed.
I coasted out of the parking lot and out onto the street towards the highway. Once I hit the highway, I pressed on the gas. Instantly, she, the Mustang, took off. Unbelievable! I loved driving this car but I knew it was nothing but trouble if I bought it. It's too easy to speed and that's what I would do! I drove it back to the dealership and sat in the car listening to the engine idle for five minutes before I surrendered the key.
Sometimes at night I reminisce on that rush I felt driving the Mustang GT. Remembering the ease I felt behind the wheel. Wishing I could drive it everyday. A girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment