Monday, May 3, 2010

Cantankerous

Dictionary: marked by ill humor, irritability and determination.

A story... this one is quite true and my uncle will back it up one hundred percent. I know he won't care that I share this with you.


Growing up is always tough in a large family. What's worse? Your aunt finding that boyfriend that you want to hide from.

I remember going to a family function at my grandma's and playing volleyball in her enormous backyard. The younger generation, including me, decided to play baseball in the front yard while the adults continued to play volleyball.

While we were playing, the infamous uncle strode towards us. "Hey give me the ball," he says with that wicked smirk that makes me gulp.

My heart starts racing. I no longer have a desire to play, but we give him the ball. He drops it to the ground and walks over to the pear tree. He yanks the pears, which are rotten, off the tree and begins pitching them at us. Aiming for our legs, arms, head, whatever he could hit, laughing as he threw them.

This is just one of many stories I could tell you. But I will save my stories for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment