Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vocabulary

Ah the dreaded word to most people I know. But for me, I love a very in depth vocabulary. Not that I use it with every breath, but there are days when I find myself looking up a word and try to find all it's synonyms and brainstorm to create a story based around the word.

Have you ever taken a sentence and tried to see how you could reword it, with using three syllable words or more? Or try to take a short sentence and add as many big words you could? I do this on occasion just for the thrill. To me it's like going to the gymnasium, some days are better than others, but I am determined not to skip a beat.

My favorite words are three syllables are more and uniquely spoken. I love to hear passionate words within a sentence. It only makes it stronger to one as deep as I. It amazes me, when I find myself running to the thesaurus or dictionary just to make sure I know the chosen word's true meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment