Saturday, May 22, 2010

The thrill of the game

I sit in the bleachers on a hot and steamy June afternoon, watching the Royals battle it out with the Cardinals, which is my favorite baseball team. It didn't matter that I was drenched with sweat and gulping water as quickly as I could get it, just being there was exciting. I was shocked that there were more Cardinal fans in the stadium than Royal fans, but that made it all the better. This was my first experience at a professional baseball game and it was one for the memory books. The game was intense with the Royals up a run and the Cardinals fighting back to tie, every inning until the fourth. The Cardinals hit a grand slam and I was elated, jumping out of my seat and cheering loudly until I couldn't breathe. High fives all around and continuous talk of the grand slam lasted throughout the rest of the game. The Cardinals scored eight runs that inning and that determined the game as they ran over the Royals as if they were a doormat.

I cannot wait to experience this thrill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment