Friday, May 7, 2010

The Walk

I can feel the cool wind in my hair, blowing it around my face and I close my eyes. A smile touches the corners of my mouth and I have goosebumps. The light sounds of the piano are playing through my ipod as I walk around the path, leading around the lake. I can smell the fresh cut grass and I notice the humidity thickened, rain is near. My heart flutters at the thought of a downpour right now while I walk aimlessly around the path. With several paths to choose from, I am giddy, hoping to find one that will take me deep into the forest. I want to get lost in the beauty that surrounds me. With no agenda I have all day to explore the riches of the forest. I choose path after path, but they all lead safely back to the beginning. A wish for rain, a wish for hope, a wish for a path that leads me to the place I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment