Monday, May 24, 2010

Second Chance

Have you ever wondered if someone deserved a second chance in a relationship?

I'll be honest with you, I'm not one to give a second chance, usually. It seems once the relationship has been damaged, there's no reason to continue. Too many barriers go up and trust or pride is hurt. The rebuilding process sometimes is just too much and I'm not one for wondering, where I am in a relationship. I know conversations via text could be misunderstood easily, but one on one is accurate.
In a heated argument, you say what's on your mind. When the fight is over and apologies are issued, do you ever quit asking yourself if the other meant what was said? Or did you mean to unleash a fury of words that you couldn't remember saying? I think we speak the truth in those arguments and they constantly play over in my mind when I think of that person. A very unhealthy and negative feeling. That is why it's almost impossible for me to give a second chance.

I'm not saying don't give someone a second chance because of something I said. That is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment