Friday, May 7, 2010

Flowers For My Mommy



I walked into the grocery store to get the few items I needed to make dinner. While I looked over the cilantro and jalapenos, my son walked over to the flowers, which were about ten paces from me. I smiled, shaking my head. "What I have I done to my boy."

I love the way flowers brighten up a room, giving a sense of beauty and they smell so wonderful. I try to keep flowers in the family room or dining room to brighten anyone who enters day as it keeps me in that jovial mood.

I now have my items and walk over to my son and he says to me, "Mommy these are your favorite flowers and I'm going to buy them for you." He had the most adorable look on his face and I just wanted to ask him how he planned on paying for them, but I didn't want to spoil the mood. It was a very special moment and I adored the way he carried them excitedly throughout the store telling everyone around us, "I'm buying these for my mommy."

This boy has a way to melt my heart and I will cherish this moment forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment