Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sailboat Dreaming

Oh how I miss the wind on my face as I sailed across the ocean to a small island off the Florida Keys.
It has been ten years since that wonderful day in Key West and I can remember the sweet taste of fresh and juicy pineapple as well as the taste of the salty ocean air. I want to feel the sun warm me while the cool breeze swirls my hair around my face. To feel the speed of the wind pushing the sailboat as it glides along the water and even more exciting when the boat leans on it's side. I yearn to take the wheel and guide us across the sea to the relaxing destination filled with palm trees and coconuts. To lounge on the beach with a Pina Colada and stare out at the ocean, listening to the waves roll in with not a care in the world.

Living in the moment even if only just for a moment is exhilarating...

No comments:

Post a Comment