Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hillbilly

My son's grandmother calls herself a hillbilly constantly when she tells stories of her past. I think it's the sweetest thing. Her quote is "Oh you know your old hillbilly grandma..." At first, I used to roll my eyes at her and tell her no you're not. But then I realized, she likes it. She used to tell me all the adventures of growing up in the South without owning a car or even a telephone. How she would have to walk about a mile or so to the neighbor's house if she wanted to talk. Could you imagine running out of eggs and needed just one more to make dinner? You couldn't call and ask them if they had any eggs. You would have to walk a mile or so to ask them if you could borrow one.

If you've never listened to stories from the South, you should sometime. Especially if they are like my mother in law's tales. They will leave you in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment