Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi's name sounds through the speakers and the crowd goes wild. The lights slowly come on and he starts with Blood on Blood. A story of three friends and the direction of their lives. It was a powerful entry and I was enthralled.

My favorite song is Wanted Dead or Alive and that was my statement in the way I dressed with my black leather halter top, dark slightly ripped jeans and jean jacket. My hair styled with the scrunched wet look and my lips as red as a cherry. If the stairs weren't steep I would have worn my black leather four-inch stilettos, instead I chose comfort.

He played many great hits from his New Jersey album and his new Circle album. I wasn't familiar with the new songs but they were great. Those of us along the backside of the stage enjoyed watching him slip out of one shirt, still looking buff, and into another. Deafening screams had erupted around us. My mouth just hung open.

Jon Bon Jovi mentioned they had been rockin' for 27 years. I was astonished. It just didn't seem possible. I didn't know who they were until I won tickets to see the New Jersey concert. But, they had many great albums including Slippery When Wet and the Blaze of Glory soundtrack for the Young Guns II movie.

Bon Jovi rocked the night from beginning to end. The last two songs for their finale were desperately anticipated on: Wanted Dead or Alive and Living On a Prayer. I'm pleased that I had a chance to see them again in concert. They leave a lasting impression on me once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment