Saturday, March 6, 2010

To Approach Or Not To Approach

Is it so wrong that I would rather be approached by one than to approach one?

Total culture change these days. The men in this society have stepped aside and let us women do the work now. This is no joke. I mean that in almost every aspect. I don't know how many times that I have heard a man say, "I'm clueless. You have to get my attention."

I have decided that I'm going to use the same boring line. I'd rather stay single, than be aggressive. I'm coy and lack confidence when I see that one desirable guy. I always give the normal hints: The flirting of the eyes, the bashful smile. I am easily intimidated and I get tongue-tied. Leave it to my friends to throw me at someone. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't succeed without liquid courage. Where does that get me, but with almost zero chance.

What does alcohol add? Trouble. Yes, many times I have come close to doing something I would regret, but thankfully that's why I have friends who look out for me. Now, I just don't drink as much. Don't get me wrong, I still drink, just with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment