Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Moment Of Truth

I wake up in the morning to the sound of rain droplets hitting the window pane. This is instant comfort for me. I know my writing will flow easily across the page now. I sit up and grab the laptop from the foot of my bed and open up a page and begin writing the romance I believe in.

She sees him from across the room. The butterflies begin to soar in her stomach and she walks quickly towards him. He smiles and jogs in her direction, holding his arms open. She jumps in his arms and he embraces her tightly, kissing her as if there were no tomorrow...

This is the love and romance that I want and deserve. Will it happen for me? Who knows. It's not always the suitor's fault here. I find that I close up easily. The moment conversations turn serious, I run. Why is that when all I want is to be smothered in passionate kisses?

Now enter in a guy who only has a physical attraction for me. Does he show me anything romantic? No. Does he offer to take me out on a date? No. All he's looking for is what I'm not offering, and I want him until I get him. Why would I want one who stands for everything I'm against?

Am I afraid to commit still? Or maybe there is a balance that I need. If the game's too easy, it's no fun. If it's challenging, it will only hold my interest for a short time. So, where does this leave me? Always searching and constantly wondering.

I believe the one who sweeps me off my feet, is the one who has been my friend first.

No comments:

Post a Comment