Sunday, March 21, 2010

Is It So Wrong To Want To Be Romanced?

ROMANCE: A love Story 2)To exaggerate or invent detail or incident (romancing)

That is the definition in Merriam-Webster's Dictionary.

I am a single woman who has an idea of what I would like in the terms of dating. I want to go back to the good old days when the guy shows up at the door with flowers in his hand, dressed up for the occasion and opens the car door for her. It would be nice if he would say, "you look beautiful."

Maybe that's asking a lot, but what about after the first date? Maybe he could send flowers then. Or better yet call. The one thing I have learned about dating, is that it's just not as fun as I thought it would be. I'm sure it's because I love to write romance and I haven't found the right guy to sweep me off my feet. Maybe I live in a fantasy world, but I believe there's a lot of single women who would agree with me. The one unspoken rule of not calling the next day after a date, can end the moment. It does for me. If he's interested he should at least text the next day and say something nice to keep her in her make believe word. If he's not interested, then don't call. I actually had a guy wait four days to call me and thought I'd want to carry on a conversation, leading to asking for a second date. Sorry buddy, while you waited to call me, another guy caught my eye.

I am patient and am willing to wait for that guy to show up. Life has no rush on love and I would never rush love. For if love is eternal, then it's worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment