Sunday, March 14, 2010

Playing the Waiting Game

If a man has to wait before he sleeps with a woman, he'll not only perceive her as more beautiful, he'll also take time to appreciate who she is. - Sherry Argov

This has been a topic for many decades and I agree with Sherry Argov. That doesn't mean I still debate the issue.

For example, you notice a hot guy with abs of steel and boulders for biceps. His smile is kind and his eyes melt you instantly. He sees you looking at him and smiles back at you. He finds you very attractive and eventually approaches you. He asks you to join him for a drink and you agree. You're taken by surprise, because you believe you didn't have a chance. You meet at a low key club and sit on the patio talking. The next thing you know, you've had one too many drinks. He's flirting with you and you are dazzled. He leans towards you, wanting to kiss you as much as you want to kiss him.

Here's where the problem lies for me. I love to kiss and I am a passionate, romantic. If I feel that chemistry, I've always been a fool and acted on it, because I live for the moment. Where does that get me? Not far.

This hot guy now believes that he'll get to take me home and have his way. But leaves this decision up to me. My mind starts racing. If I say no do I miss out on an opportunity with this hot guy? Will this be a one night stand? If I do this, how will I feel about me in the morning?

I recently found myself growing up in this department. Yes, I've taken the risk a few times and I don't regret it. But now, I'm ready to be a woman who is respected. I know I am appealing to the opposite sex, because the offers are laid out too often. But I don't want to be just lusted after. I want to find the one who will appreciate me for me. I want to find love and feel love.

So, in my closing thoughts...

If you don't want to do it, don't degrade yourself because you think you'll miss the opportunity with him. If you say no and he doesn't call, he's not the guy for you. You are beautiful and worth more than he ever will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment